.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Menu Plan: August 31 - September 6


Although we don't start school yet this week (normally, we begin on the day after the commie holiday, but moved things around this year because of other things going on here), the kids' activities are starting this week. I have to keep reminding myself of that. We're also tackling the switching of the wardrobes and the cleaning of the school cubbies. I am not really excited about that, but it needs to be done, so that when we start school, we won't have to be doing that, too.

I did mail my submissions to Interweave Knits, so please pray for me that one or more would be accepted. They said that the soonest a response would be given about acceptance or rejection would be six weeks after the deadline, so mid to late October. However, since it is unlikely they will decide to accept something on first sight, but might reject something on first sight, I am kind of hoping for a later response. I actually have a finished item because of my submission packet, but I will only get it back if the pattern is rejected, so I don't want it back. Though, if they would send it back later, I'd be thrilled. I have a picture of it, but I can't share that until/unless the pattern is published or rejected. It is a miniature version of the full design, made for a doll. I couldn't figure out how to make a swatch that would really show the design elements, so Rich suggested I just make one for a doll, and I did. I hope they think that's creative, instead of thinking it's too small. It's the design I think they are most likely to accept. I think all three are good designs, but one only fits their story boards a little, though I'd be thrilled to get it published, since it is an adult garment with multiple sizes, the other two fit the story boards just right, but I'm not sure if they will want to take two that are similar from the same person, and the other one is both more complex, but also suitable for someone trying to expand her knitting skills. We'll see. If I get one in, I will be excited.

Fall officially began here last week. Right on schedule, it arrives the week following the fair. I don't mind that the weather isn't sweltering, it's still in the 70s and 80s during the day, but the cold nights are sad, and it means that winter is coming. From all local accounts, winter is supposed to be brutal this year. I don't know that I'm going to make it. Rich suggested that I set up a Skype classroom for the co-op, so I don't have to drive there to teach my class this fall. I may do it after the middle of October.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?