.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Menu Along: May 28 - June 3


Between the holiday weekend and dealing with bureaucratic foolishness with my passport (which was applied for with more than 12 weeks before our travel and is still not issued because of their ridiculous snafus, with only a few weeks left, no I'm not frustrated and bitter about it, why do you ask?), I have not completed either the knitting or the pattern writing for Brume. I'm almost finished with the knitting, and I'm trying to get it done tonight so it will count for the MadMay event this year. Winter Wonderland is still my Sunday knitting, though I haven't posted progress pictures like I ought, and I'm doing the increases on the body right now. I wish I had done an inch of ribbing rather than the half inch in the pattern, but I don't want to go back and redo it. Rich keeps asking me about it and looking at me like he knows that it's going to drive me crazy every time I see it and that every time I see one of our children in it, I will have a look of disappointment on my face making them think that I am upset with them and then they will grow up thinking their mother didn't love them. Or something like that. So, probably it's going to stay here and I will rip it out and redo the ribbing when I get back from Paris. If I get to go.

We go to the passport office in person this week. Please pray that it goes well. Rich had to take a day off of work so he could come with me, and we're basically going to inundate them with documentation and paperwork in an effort to get my stinking passport. I'm also bringing my old passport from before I was married, which looks exactly like me now, only thinner and with much less white hair. Feh. I'm tempted to bring all of our kids into the office, too, and just hang out there until they issue my passport, while the kids eat their snacks and ask where the bathroom is.

The only reading I've done this week besides our daily Morning Prayer and Bible readings has been some read aloud time in The Rise and Fall of Mount Majestic. While it is a fun story, we have detected a little bit of a modernist, secular message that is not really great. It's well coated in honey, but the bitter center is still there. We're still reading it, and we will see how it plays out in the end, but now it's a game of finding the message and pointing it out to each other. This is the danger in a lot of modern fiction. It's more about the message than the story. In this case the story is still good, but the message is intruding more and more, so it may end up being something of a regret. Though, we are having a lot of great discussions about the story, the message, and how that message is being conveyed.





Because of the government snafus and the holiday weekend, we have some repeats this week. We did get to get our hillside picnic and even flew a kite.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?