.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, February 07, 2014

Finished Object Friday: Sweet Pea, Belmont, Epipa Cabled Booties, and a Sneak Peek at Saint Catherine of Alexandria

I have a lot of almost finished items right now, but only four that are completed this year so far. One is this little car seat blanket I made for some friends of ours who recently had their sixth baby.



It is the Sweet Pea Baby Blanket, and I used some stash Fantasy Naturale Multi yarn. It is a nice, washable cotton.


I have also crocheted a pair of boot cuffs. I messed up a little on my reading of the directions on the first one, but I didn't want to undo the work I had done, and they didn't look bad, so I just recreated the errors on the second one.




Here are a pair of booties I made for Nejat. The pattern was in German, but there were translations online that I used.




This one is a sneak preview. I have been working on a design for another One Skein book, this one for babies, and this is what I have made. I used the lace heart motif from a stitch pattern book and came up with a lovely little design for a baby.



You'll have to check in later to see if it makes it into the book.

This past year was a huge year, in terms of creating, for me. I was able to step back from many things, was forced to really, and enjoyed being able to use my hands to make things. I'm not sure I'll be able to accomplish as much this year, with no enforced rest, but I am enjoying creating more still.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?