.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Craft On: Sort of Finished

All duplicate stitching is complete. All thumbs are knit. There are still ends to weave in and two mitts to block. However, there are two finished projects I can count, and maybe even get the patterns out for this year. I'd like to make the second size of Keese, to show a larger version, and that might just be my mindless knitting for the next few weeks, as we are going to be deep in difficult times.

I have ripped back to the cuff on Winnie's sweater, but otherwise haven't knit much on it. That will likely come this weekend and remain weekend knitting, when I am not having to focus on other things.

Last week, Rich and I had some time in Montana for a business conference of his, and we really enjoyed the break, the ability to walk in nature, the quiet, and the friends in his colleagues that we've known for between 10 and more than 20 years. It didn't make all our sorrows disappear, but it helped to carry them better. I was able to finish both of these projects, but barely read anything.

Life has been so challenging lately, and the screws are tightening, so my reading has been a lot of little snippets here and there, and nothing super consistent or serious. We are really being put through the wringer right now, and just found out something else that will prolong it.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any time you click on a book link, it gives me the opportunity to earn a few cents for our family.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?