.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Craft On: Finishing Frenzy

January always starts with a bang in my crafting life. I have finished five projects, and am nearly finished with the sixth (that headband you see). They are all relatively small projects, though I am also this close to finishing a larger one, but still I have finished them. February will involve a little travel time as a passenger, so I should be able to get some more work on Dahha (a sock pattern) and some facecloths and poufs for a Mother's Day set. There are a couple other UFOs I'd like to tackle this next month, as well as finishing the headband, and Amelia's baptismal gown (my larger project that is close to complete). I even have another small project planned to go with a recently finished washcloth and a few other small items in a gift basket for some friends.

I'm honestly not thrilled with how this pattern is written. I am struggling a little through it. If it doesn't work out, I may find a similar one, and use the cable from this pattern. One thing I do like about the design is that it is knit the long way, and shaped with short rows, so I am looking for a back up pattern that is the same. I don't really want to rewrite the pattern entirely.

There are still two or three sizes not represented by beta knitters on Nafhat, if you are interested. Please contact me if you would like a chance to knit this before it is available for purchase. I still hope to have Dahha ready for beta knitting by the end of February.

Our missing books are found! One was on the shelf where our daughter claimed to have looked already, but my two were on our baker's rack, behind a cake pedestal. Why? Your guess is as good as mine, though I suspect it was put there out of the way of a granddaughter and forgotten, then slipped down behind the cake plate. I am nearly finished with The Mysterious Affair at Styles, and it is delightful! As much as I love the David Suchet rendition of him in the television series, I really do love the book's representation of him better. Since I am so close to finishing this book, I have also picked up Milk: The Surprising Story of Milk Through the Ages again. It is fascinating, and I am hoping I will be able to read more at night.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?