.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, August 04, 2023

Craft On: First Stitch Along Finished Object!

I finished something! And it is crochet! However, I think I've overblocked this square. Does it look alright to you? I am looking for another SAl project, and I am between a cute pillbox hat and a beanie with a textured umbrella on it.

As for Ha'il, I ended up having to start over, but I am happier with it now, and is a better pattern and sample for it. I am starting to get a little stressed out, though, as the pattern needs to be finished and the sample knit all in less than three months. No pressure or anything.

The baptismal gown is progressing apace, and I hope we will be seeing Amelia in it soon. I promise to take a picture Sunday.

The Around the World Stitch Along is going strong and there is a ton of chatter on our Ravelry group. There is still time to join there, or to follow and post on Instagram. The event goes through August 25, 2023, and there are loads of projects (1900!) you could make that are eligible for prizes if you finish.

I have made a start in Milk: The Surprising Story of Milk Through the Ages, though I keep falling asleep before I really make a significant amount of progress. I'm tired. Also, I'm reading A Fatal Yarn as a bit of brain candy.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?