.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, July 16, 2023

Menu Plan: July 16 - 22

Remember how I said thing were going to slow down? Well, they are, but I had forgotten about this weekend. Friday was shopping, cleaning, and cooking for Friday and Saturday, because we had liturgy on Saturday, and a birthday party right after that, and Rich and my anniversary of our first meeting 29 years ago. Then, on Sunday, we had a neighborhood potluck picnic and barbecue, and church right after that. Phew!

This week is not too busy. We have things going on, but not right on top of each other like this weekend was. I'll take it. It's supposed to cool down a little most of this week, but the weather shaman has been predicting 100˚ weather for weeks now, but it hasn't materialized. They've pushed that prediction to Thursday, but I don't think we'll see it. Even still, we are eatomg a lot of cold meals and things that can be made in the pressure cooker or grilled.

We are deep in the produce season here, and we are enjoying it so much. We are eating so much good, fresh food that is locally raised, and I am busy with preserving. It will be so good to have these foods in our freezers, on our pantry shelves, and in our cold room. Blueberries and cherries are ripe right now, and the are fantastic. Cucumbers and summer squash are also coming in and they are just perfect. What's in season where you are?

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?