Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Menu Plan Monday: Not Monday
I meant to post this last night, but fell asleep. So, here it is, including what we ate for dinner last night. If you want any recipes, please feel free to e-mail me (my e-mail is in the sidebar), or leave a comment. Thank you for visiting!
- Monday: Chicken Curry with Peppers and Garlic, Rice
- Tuesday: Lamb and Vegetable Roll Ups
- Wednesday: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Tomato Soup and Salad
- Thursday: Sausage, Onion and Pepper Sandwiches
- Friday: Broccoli Cheese Quiche, Salad
- Saturday: Potluck - Scalloped Potatoes
- Sunday: Country Ribs Slow Cooked over Sauerkraut, Onions and Apples with Egg Noodles, Sour Cream and Green Beans
What is on your menu this week?
Easiest Scalloped Potatoes
8 medium potatoes (if they are yukon golds or red bliss, you don't have to peel them), peeled and thinly sliced
salt and pepper
2 cups heavy cream
6 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons dried thyme (or 2 teaspoons if you have fresh)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a 9 X 13 inch baking pan, lay slices of potatoes in single layer and sprinkle lightly with salt and fresh ground pepper. Repeat until all potatoes are used up.
Add garlic and thyme to cream and heat in microwave for about a minute or two. Pour over potatoes, spreading the garlic and thyme around, and pressing the potatoes to make sure they are all covered.
Bake for 30-40 minutes, until cream has thickened and edges are lightly browned.