.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, June 07, 2023

Craft On: Swatching

Do you like to swatch? I must confess that it is not really my favorite thing to do, and I usually try to make a hat or something like that for a swatch, so at least I have something finished at the end. However, I've been doing a lot of swatching lately. Here is a little mini-shawl for my Incense Route collection coming out in November. This, and another swatch, were necessary for pattern writing ahead of time, so I could send the patterns to my technical editor. I would love it if you were interested in beta knitting this shawl, a rectangular stole, or my cable edged jacket I shared here a few weeks ago. If you would like to make any (or all!) of them, please let me know so I can get the information to you.

Also, I told you I would tell you when the Togetherness Cowl was available on PayHip, and it is now. Linette's designs are all so well thought out and constructed, and I really like them.

I finished Conditional Citizens, and I want to be able to recommend it. Most of what she covers in the book is well footnoted information and a perspective that I think many in America need to learn. However, she shoots herself in the foot in the final couple chapters by going on a socio-political rant (well written and genteel, but a rant nonetheless). She takes the entire point she was making and loses the audience that most needs to hear it. The only people who will take her at her word are people who understand it enough to ignore the rant, or those who are on her idealogical team (who probably still miss her point). That was disappointing.

So, I read a happy little murder, Knit One, Die Two, and I'm picking up Milk: The Surprising Story of Milk Through the Ages, for a little more non-fiction. This one doesn't look like it will disappoint. We also finally returned to our weekly Bible study on Saint Paul's letter to the Romans. That was much needed study, fellowship, and prayer.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?