.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Craft On: Finished!!!

Yathrib is finished, and I love it! I'm finishing the pattern writing to send it to my tech editor, and then I will be able to put it out for beta knitting. Are you interested? I'm starting the second sweater in this collection this week, too. With my friend making two samples for me, I am breathing a little more easily. It means that there is only the other mitt to make of a set of colorwork mitts after the sweater.

I've finished the Togetherness Cowl (found on Ravelry right now, but it may become available on her PayHip store, as well), but still need to get final photography finished on it. Besides that, I am making good progress on Amelia's baptismal gown. If I have a chance, I will make a matching set of booties, but have to give up my desire to make her a baptismal cap, because she hates hats of all kinds. Which is a shame, since I had already made her three of them.

I finished another happy, little murder and I'm almost finished with a book I've been wanting to read for a while - How Does It Feel to Be a Problem. It rings quite true to my own experience and I wish more westerners, especially Americans, understood these kinds of stories. One of the things I especially appreciate about this book is that the editor uses traditional Arabic idiom in the English text. To me, they read familiarly, but I imagine they will cause the average American reader to pause a moment. While the stories in the book focus on Muslim Arab-Americans, the editor does acknowledge that most Arab-Americans are Christian. I do wish he had spent some more time on that. Our friends' experience at their church in the Bay Area is not uncommon, though not often so extreme.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?