.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Craft On: First SAL Projects

My first two SAL projects are knit. I made both the Fascination and Kija hats, one a cute fascinator for me, and the other a little baby hat for Amelia. She is going to have a lot of knits, I think. I'm trying to decide between two pins to embellish Fascination, and I think I will also use some magenta organza on it. Both are blocking right now, so I will have finished photos next week.

I finished the Kija hat on our camping trip this past weekend, and started a pair of socks for Jerome that is long overdue. This is a yak blend yarn that I bought in Anchorage in 2019. Jerome admired it right away, and I told him I'd make him socks. So, here, nearly three years later, I am finally starting it.

X Saves the World was a good book, and he did get better at self-examination toward the end, though I still think he was blind to some of our "kitsch" as he was using the term in the book. Again, just in case you did not read my earlier commentary, I don't agree with all of his premises or conclusions, but he is able to analyze very well, and is able to distill certain key things about our generation to articulate points. If you are from this generation, live with someone from this generation, or love someone from this generation, you will find the book interesting. One caveat besides the language one, he kind of lost me a little when he claimed President Obama as generation X. Basically everyone defines generation X as beginning in 1965, and President Obama was born in 1961.

I also took a happy little murder with me on our camping trip, Agatha Raisin and the Day the Floods Came and finished it in just a couple days. It's amazing how much reading and knitting time I have when I have no big responsibilities or phones or internet to make urgent demands on me. Most of my reading on our trip was my Dormition Study. I think I will actually complete it this year!


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
You have some very pretty knits in progress.
 
Thank you so much!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?