.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Craft On: Itty Bitty Baby Things!!!

The adult sized Baladi hat is finished! There are still ends to weave in and blocking to do, and the bow to make and tack down, but the knitting is complete. The pattern is written and I want to have it ready to beta knit in a week or so. I'm still making good progress on on Yathrib, and hope to have the entire jacket finished by the end of July. It's the edging that will possibly slow me down, though.

Now that we have given the gifts, I can show you pictures of the sweet little elf set (hat and slippers) and the crocheted blanket I made for our baby grandDAUGHTER! I also gave them the Mozarab baby hat I made up when the pattern rights were sold to KnitPicks (my rights will return about a year after this precious one is born - and it will be available for sale individually on all my sales platforms). I am working on a cabled baptismal cap and gown and cannot wait to see this sweet thing wearing them! She is going to be the best dressed baby, if I have anything to say about it.

I did finish Twain's Feast and strongly recommend it if you love food, or humor, or good writing. The author was really funny, and he knew how to put words together well. I will warn that there are one or two spots where he uses the Lord's name in vain, which I thought was both profane and unnecessary. The topic was interesting to me, anyway, but the author made it much more personable. The books in my top photo are what I am reading in my weekly Bible study. It is good to have a better view of Romans than the strictly legalistic one. These books help put it in context both in history and culture. NT Wright is one of the few modern theologians I will read, and his work here is fantastic.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?