.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Craft On: Belated Year End Review

Before I get to my accomplishments of 2021, I am so proud of the big accomplishment of this year. Alexander was married to his sweetheart, Autumn Rose, this weekend, and we couldn't be happier!

Right now, my knitting projects are in various stages of completion, but two of them needed to be frogged back a bit. One is just about on track, the other is waiting for a different yarn (I had been trying to convince myself that the two yarns were not as close in value as they were, but when trying to do stranded work, the colors were lost), and my sweater is progressing well.

2021 was even rougher on my crafting than 2020 was, but I feel a bit better and more on track to improve my productivity this year. One of my goals is to have no more than three projects active on needles at a time, with one design being written or edited each month. It would be great to catch up with all the ideas and sketches and almost finished designs I have. This is a big goal, I know, but I am hoping to get closer to it throughout the year. My reading goal is to get back to more spiritual and non-fiction books, rather than mostly light fiction, and to read a few classics that I either haven't read, or want to read again.

2021 Finished Objects

Hardly any knitting was finished this year, and no crochet. I honestly cannot remember when I finished a sewn top I made, so I don't know if it was 2020 or 2021. I have another hook and eye to sew into it, so maybe it isn't really finished at all. I'm pretty sure I sewed a matching scarf to that top this year, though.

As for my reading, we are this close to finishing Rainbow Valley. We will probably finish tomorrow. Likewise, I am actually, for real this time, almost finished with Desert Queen and can't wait to have my first books of the year listed in my sidebar.

2021 Books
(including read aloud books, but not picture books/story books)

Even though my crafting production went down, I almost doubled the books I read this year. That makes me happy and was a bit of a surprise.

I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any time you click on a book link, it gives me the opportunity to earn a few cents for our family.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?