.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Craft On: Progress and Finished Items


Here you can see a little more of those slippers I mentioned last week. I restarted the toe, both because I didn't like the fabric I was getting with the smaller needles and because the rate of increase on the toe was too steep, and looked a little too elfin. They are toe up, and I used the Middle Eastern cast on, sometimes called Turkish cast on, because which better one to use for an Arab lady who is making slippers themed on an Arabic wind? I decided that my swatch from last week would be blocked and turned into a bookmark, and voilĂ : I have another finished object for the year!

Also, I finally got some photos of the Kabsa mitts worn. If you would like to beta knit the mitts from last week and make at least one of them, I would truly appreciate it. Please contact me to receive the pattern for free and the details for the beta knit.


We are still reading Little Town on the Prairie, though we are rather close to being finished, only four chapters to go. I am nearly finished with Babel, too. We start our Songs of Praise study group next week, and I am so excited!


Linking to Keep Calm and Craft On.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?