.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Yarn Along: The Generosity of Knitters and a Secret Project



The marine layer scarf is finished at last! For only needing buttons sewn on, it took me quite a long time. I worked a little bit on Nejat's star blanket during Vacation Bible School, but haven't done a whole lot more with the cloud border, because it isn't as portable as it was, and I have to pay attention to the pattern, which means I can't really work on it as easily during knit night. I'm almost finished with the Celtic braided scarf, but since I made the first section a little longer, I am about 30 - 50 yards short on the yarn. I didn't want to buy a whole new skein of the yarn and I can't even find the tag to see what the dye lot was, nor did I include it in my project page because I was sure this would be a one skein project. Lesson learned. However, a kind lady on Ravelry had a skein and was willing to wind off about 50 yards for me and send it in exchange for me buying her a pattern from her wish list. It should arrive here tomorrow or Thursday. There is another project I'm working on, but I can't share much about it for a few weeks. Shhh! It's a surprise!

Wedding Cake Murder is read and I even cooked something from it. It tasted good, but I could have made it better my own way. Since my reading has mainly been fluff lately, I wanted something with a little more worth. I've been wanting to read A Prayer Journal for some time, so I did. I should have read it long ago. It is not long, or hard to read. Here are many quotations that jumped out at me:

I ask You for a greater love for my holy Mother and I ask her for a greater love for You.

But the point more specifically here is, I don't want to fear to be out, I want to love to be in; I don't want to believe in hell but in heaven.

Give me the grace, dear God, to adore You for even this I cannot do for myself.

Give me the grace, dear God, to see the bareness and the misery of the places where You are not adored but desecrated.

I don't know if I've ever been sorry for a sin because it hurt You.

Help me to ask You, oh Lord, for what is good for me to have, for what I can have and do Your service by having.

Let me get away dear God from all things thus "natural." Help me to get what is more than natural into my work - help me to love and bear with my work on that account.

Virtue must be the only vigorous thing in our lives. Sin is large and stale. You can never finish eating it nor ever digest it. It has to be vomited.

No one can be an atheist who does not know all things.

Perversion is the end result of denying or revolting against supernatural love, descending from the unconscious superconsciousness to the id.

The S#x act is a religious act and when it occurs without God it is a mock act or at best an empty act. Proust is right that only a love which does not satisfy can continue. Two people can remain "in love" - a phrase made practically useless by stinking romanticism - only if their common desire for each other unites in a greater desire for God

No, the saints died for God and God died for the dead.

I am so weak that God has given me everything, all the tools, instructions for their use, even a good brain to use them with, a creative brain to make them immediate for others. God is feeding me and what I'm praying for is an appetite.

If I am the one to wash the second step everyday, let me know it and let me wash it and let my heart overflow with love washing it.


I can't believe it took me this long to actually crack this book. Of course, with some of her western views, I don't have complete agreement, but her private thoughts spoke deeply to me.



Also posting to Keep Calm and Craft On.


# Altered to avoid weird visitors from searches including this.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?