.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Yarn Along: Finished, Finished Finished, and Almost Finished



Bah'ar is finished, blocked, and given away and I have finished the knitting on the marine layer scarf. There are two buttons to sew on before I can count it as finished, finished. That makes the set complete. These are intended as a gift for someone later this year.

It's been a while since I picked up Nejat's star blanket, but as I am still working out the neck line on Amira, I figured I'd get it and see if I could make some progress. I am working on the clouds. Since the star afghan is a little too big and requires more attention now, it is staying at home to be worked on there, and I picked up the Celtic braided scarf and have made significant progress on that. I forgot to make the strips for the braids in stockinette stitch, but I think I'll actually like them better still in 2 X 2 ribbing.

Since Mr. Yarn is marking their yarn down significantly more than they already did (if you order $75 dollars or more in retail price of the yarn, it is now 35% off and free shipping), I picked up some yarn that is even more beautiful than this photo. It is far deeper and richer than that picture, and the picture is so beautiful that it sold me on the color.


Sweet Georgia Superwash Worsted in Saltwater

I am trying to decide if I want to make it into one of these three sweaters:

Graduated Ribbed Top, which I've wanted to make since I first bought that book in 2000 or 2002.

Tubey (solid colored, without striping).

Corcoran.

The first two leave me with only about 100 yards to spare, the third will leave me with nearly 400 yards. I like the graduated ribbing on the first sweater and the neckline of the second one. I do like the third sweater quite a bit, but then I have to have the right shirt underneath to match the yarn color and I don't know how much I will wear it, while I think an interesting ribbed sweater will get worn quite a bit. So, I may mash up the first two to keep the parts I like best about each.

I started and finished Double Fudge Brownie Murder, and started Wedding Cake Murder. It looks like there was a book in between the two, but our library doesn't have it. So far, they haven't refused any of my purchase requests, so I may ask them to order it.



Also posting to Keep Calm and Craft On.


Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
I vote for knitting the Corcoran!
 
Oh dear - I have stayed away from Mr. Yarn for a long time. I fear I may have to visit him again. Such a tempting website!
 
The star blanket will be so pretty!I do love it.
 
Kelly,

I still can't decide, but since I have nearly achieved SABLE (Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy), I have time to change my mind. :-)
 
Oh Donna,

Mr. Yarn is down to 40% off now! There isn't a ton left, but if any of it appeals to you, it's a good time to buy.

Just enabling, um, helping, a fellow knitter.
 
Hello Lenka,

Is your name short for Olenka? We have a couple friends with that name.

I'm nearly finished with the star blanket and I think it will be lovely. Until Nejat loves it to death. But that is a good destiny for a blanket.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?