.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Menu Along: June 5 - 11 (Sea Themed Scarf and Shawlette)



Still keeping on keeping on with bah'ar and the marine layer scarf. The goal is to have the lace finished, washed, and blocked by this weekend. Wish me luck!

I've picked up Circus Mirandus, which is just a fun kids' book about magic and mystery and family and love.



Also posting to Keep Calm and Craft On.



We have a few repeats. There was a heat wave of temperatures at or over 100 this weekend, and I'm going to try to serve cold food or food that can be made quickly for the first part of the week. We're supposed to be back in the 80s and 70s by Thursday.

Alexander finishes his first year at the college this week. We're praying for him as he takes his finals. I'm so proud of what he's done this year. We're going to spend part of the summer on some of the things we couldn't cover this year because of his schedule. Ballet recital is next week, so I'm bracing myself for dress rehearsal and being a stage mom for a couple days.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
I really enjoy reading other families' weekly menu. You have many mouths to feed! Ful is a dish my dad loved eating for breakfast when I was growing up. My is lebanese. I preferred it for dinner when I was little.
 
The shawlette and scarf are beautiful. The lace is inspiring. Your temperatures made me cringe. I hate such hot weather. Today in CT feels like fall, which is my favorite season so I'm enjoying it. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. Have a great evening!
Debra
 
Hello Zena,

Thank you for your visit and comment! We have eaten ful for dinner, too, but I grew up eating it for breakfast, so that is how I think of it.

My parents are from Saudi Arabia, but I was born in Los Angeles and grew up in Oregon, so I'm not really from there or here.
 
Hi Debra,

Thank you for your compliments!

The temperatures were made worse by being spotty. We didn't have the normal build up to the high temperatures, and within a couple days of it being so hot, it would be cooler (not cool, but in the 80s), and then a few days later it would be back up to the 100s. It was a strange summer, and it's been over for a few weeks now.

I loved fall when we lived near trees. Here, our fall is so short, and there are far fewer trees to enjoy, so it's just our entry into cold weather. It was around freezing this morning at our house. We'll still have nice daytime temperatures for the next two weeks, but then it will be all cold, all the time.

Spring must be my favorite season here.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?