.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Weekly Recipe: October 22

I thought I had scheduled this to publish, but it was still in my drafts file.

Harvest Pancakes

1 large potato, scrubbed well (or 1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed and peeled)
1 large beet, scrubbed well
2 carrots, scrubbed well
1 onion, peeled and halved
1/2 cup corn starch
1 egg
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
oil to pan fry patties

Grate all vegetables (I use my food processor and just chuck them through the chute to cut down on prep time). Squeeze out as much liquid as you can. The beet juice can stain, so be careful.

Mix vegetable shreds in a large bowl along with the corn starch, egg, salt and pepper.

Heat pan over medium high heat and add enough oil to coat the pan. Drop vegetable mixture by large tablespoonsful and fry until crisp and golden on each side. Serve hot.

This makes enough for our family to eat with eggs and fruit. I think they would also serve nicely as a side dish with a roast or other dinner.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?