.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Menu Along: Coming Down from a Very Busy Weekend



I'm trucking right along on Michaelmas. Mid-knit, however, I made a construction change, but I didn't want to rip back and restart, so this one will be slightly different than the pattern will be. Which means I'll need to re-knit it this summer, but I was planning on doing that, anyway, in a different size, for the pattern release. I just won't be able to use this one in the photographs for the pattern. I think the pattern version will be better, but I didn't think it was better enough to undo all the work I'd done and restart it. I hope Nejat doesn't mind.

Still reading The Suspicion at Sanditon, and not even watching much this week.



Also posting to Keep Calm and Craft On, and The Philosopher's Wife.



This past week pretty much wiped me out for this week. My health has been such that I can push hard enough to do what is absolutely necessary (and sometimes not even all of that) and then take a break, but if I have to push hard enough for things that take more than that, I have to take a break over several days. That's kind of where I am right now.

The dance was a success, the food was wonderful and beautiful, and I will share some photos after the menu plan. This week is also pretty packed, but not as hard driving as last week was. Again, I am grateful for kids who are capable and can help with cooking when I'm just done for the day.

It's exciting to be coming up on Pentecost, though. We will be having our Tongues of Flame Barbecue on Sunday after church. I always pray a little more around this time, and seek Rayan's prayers, as the due date was around Pentecost. I am grateful that Nejat's birthday usually falls around Pentecost, too, as it brings joy to a time that is difficult for us.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.


I thought I had a separate photo uploaded of the punch table with the mini-cheesecakes and the chocolate covered strawberries, but I can't find it now. You can see them behind the main food table here.






Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?