.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Yarn Along: Nearly Finished Objects


The Marine Layer mitts are finished! I wanted to have daylight photos, but instead took some naps I sorely needed. The knitting was actually complete last week, but I just now got to the ends. And Entrechat is in time out. Again. I was at the garter hem for the bottom of the jacket, with only that and an attached i-cord edging to do (I'm doing that to tie the contrast color together through the whole thing), when I had a sinking suspicion that the pattern as written didn't make the design in the photo. Except it did. I just completely misread the instructions. Twice. Because, I had this feeling before, only three rows past that point, undid the knitting, re-read the instructions, and somehow still came to the wrong conclusion. I can only blame my sickness and pain induced exhaustion. So, I have tossed it in a corner while I sulk. I'll probably pick it up again in a day or so and undo the ruffled section, then get it right and do it all again.

That illness (my skin flare up, along with migraines, along with the lingering cold that is going around) has kept me from sending out my preview copy of Amira to my knitters. Therefore, the only design related information here is your weekly reminder to like Arabian Knits Designs on Facebook, if you haven't already. Thank you!

Amira and I are nearly finished with If You Love Me, Let Me Go. I'm trying to think of what we can read together, just the two of us, now. It's been a nice thing to share with her. As I was in pain, I took a long, hot, bath, and brought with me the cheerful book, A Christian Ending, to read about traditional Christian funereal and burial customs. Actually, I do find the book compelling. I have only one complaint about it, actually. I even have been reading segments of it to the kids, to discuss our thoughts on death and dying and our relationship to God. We started From I-Ville to You-Ville as a family, and Rich promptly took off with it to be his bedside reading. It is an allegorical story, and though it is definitely aimed at little children, everyone is enjoying it.



Also posting to Keep Calm and Craft On, and The Philosopher's Wife.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
I love those mitts! I am sure that after a short break, your Entrechat will make more sense and knit up beautifully.
 
Thank you!

That sweater was so simple to make, so I think it was just my exhaustion and illness making me dizzy headed.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?