.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, October 19, 2015

Menu Plan: October 18 - 24


The cold is still alive and well in our home, but going away. We even missed church on Sunday. Not everyone was sick, but enough of us were that I needed to be here to care for them, so we did Morning Prayer with our reserved Eucharist (which we receive each Sunday, anyway, not being able to commune here), and rested. We would appreciate your prayers.

There may be a couple repeats this week, but I think for the most part, we're keeping on track. Our garden is slowing down, but we even had a couple ripe enough watermelons (which is a miracle, given how late we planted them). We're still harvesting and trying to beat the hard freeze which is coming. School is rough this year. With Alexander taking college courses during the day, he and I are doing double duty on school, since he comes home to do his homeschool high school work, and I have to teach into the night. Then, there is the four day a week ballet schedule, with three girls in, and Amira's lessons taking seven hours each week. Not a lot is getting done in our homes and lives outside of school and work and ballet right now. We're thinking that next term, Alexander will have to miss out on the co-op, because while he technically can go, he doesn't have class that day, and his instructor wants them doing their work in class so he can log their hours for the FAA certification, he still has high school lessons to do and studying his books and notes from the college classes, and he has a job for a month or two longer that also takes some of his time (though less and less, as the farming season is winding down) with Dominic who also works for the same farmer, and household duties. We've tried to lighten his load and work with his schedule, but he's been slammed into being a grown up with lots of responsibilities, and the other kids are also taking up the slack in what he can't do, which makes their schedules a bit tighter. And, like I said, I'm homeschooling from morning to evening now. So, we figure after this term, we'll drop our co-op for him, which at least lets him do some study and high school lessons at that time, and frees up some of his other time. As for me, I'm thankful for a moms' night out this week.

Below, I include our daily Bible readings which we use to read through the entire Bible each year. We read through all of the Old Testament and New Testament, reading the Psalms and Proverbs twice. Remember that the Psalms are according to eastern numbering in our daily Bible reading, also I Kings is the original designation, it is I Samuel in western Bibles (II Kings is II Samuel in the west, III Kings is I Kings, and IV Kings is II Kings, I Ezra is also called I Esdras in other translations, II Ezra is often translated as Ezra or II Esdras).

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?