.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Yarn Along: Secret Stripe Shawl




Here are the photos of my "striped" shawl, all blocked and finished. My thumb is doing something weird in the picture out of the UV light. I really like how this turned out and I'm excited to send it to my friend after fair. Because I am entering this in the fair as well, with a photo of what it looks like in the light, since it will be in the shade the entire time. Nejat's starry, starry, night for her birthday (in May!) is pretty close to finished as well. I think I said on the project page that I was 55% through it - I think it's closer to 60 - 65%, and I'm leaving off all the fiddly appliques. Good thing she doesn't know anything about calendars or birthday customs!

I had a little set back on Ventus, but I have a few opportunities coming up with yarn companies looking for patterns that are exciting to me, and I think after fair is over I can fix the issues with Ventus. And, of course, there is Saint Catherine, which will be published around September 8 in:


One-Skein Wonders for Babies: 101 Knitting Projects for Infants & Toddlers

It is available for pre-order right now! I'm really hoping that she made the back cover. When the book is released, I will also publish the pattern for sale individually. I really like working with Storey. They've been communicative and kind every time I've done something with them. Even though this book has taken almost two years from call to release, it's still been a good experience and I'd be happy to do more with them.

Here's the weekly reminder to like Arabian Knits Designs on Facebook, if you haven't already. That's where I put updates and testing opportunities and other design news. There hasn't been a lot posted there in a while, but your liking it gets me more visibility with folks who may not know about my patterns and that helps. Thank you!

There's been a little more time to read this past week, and I've made some decent progress on Under the Duvet: Shoes, Reviews, Having the Blues, Builders, Babies, Families and Other Calamities. Enough that I really thought I'd be finished, but no such luck. Next week for sure.



Also posting to Keep Calm and Craft On and Yarn Fanatic Party.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
Beautiful shawl.
 
That shawl is beautiful. And your knitting is so perfect. Good wishes at the fair!
 
I'm finally getting to replying to some of the comments that came in while we were out of town or dealing with my health.

Thank you ladies for your compliments. My friend loved the shawl, which delighted me. And I won a ribbon for it. :-)

My knitting is far from perfect, but I have been doing it for nearly 30 years, so I think I'm alright. I also know how to fudge when I need to and am not afraid to rip back to make something the way I like it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?