.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Yarn Along: More Fair News (Late)



So, I wondered why there was no knitted Best in Class ribbon at the fair. It turns out that I won it for my Equinox sweater! The ribbon wasn't on there the first day of fair (which was when I originally took photos). I also picked up a second most original ribbon for my "striped" shawl. Most of my knitting this past week has been for proposals that I can't share here. There has been a little progress on Amira's cropped hoodie, also, but I only brought that out with me when I was going somewhere that I couldn't be focusing on my notes and graphs. I didn't even bother photographing that, because I'm just at the end of the ribbing.

This weekend, I have a swatch done for a proposal to a knitting magazine and am working on the writing and sketching. I have one finished and one almost done for a yarn company, with two more to do. I have an idea sketched and begun for an online pattern magazine/aggregate. I'll be swatching for something in a similar vein to put together an e-book of patterns to publish myself once the exclusivity contract runs out if my four are accepted with the yarn company, or to self-publish sooner with another design already published and one in the idea phase now, if they are not accepted. The last two things I'm working on right now are related, similar, spring/early summer garments for babies and toddlers/children for a knitting magazine's spring issue. The first is due the third of September, most of the rest are due around mid-September, and the final two are due at the end of September, so I have a lot of work on my plate right now. The good news is that we are completely busy with preparations for school, a bathroom remodel, Alexander's college program, Rich is slammed at work, and we have eight children to raise, so we have all the time and energy in the world! I'm only a little stressed out about all of this. But excited, too. I am so hopeful that I might finally get a little break that would make my name and designs a little more familiar to knitters out there.

Here's the weekly reminder to like Arabian Knits Designs on Facebook, if you haven't already. That's where I put updates and testing opportunities and other design news. There hasn't been a lot posted there in a while, but your liking it gets me more visibility with folks who may not know about my patterns and that helps. Thank you!


My reading this week consists mostly of a Romans study we're doing with a parish back in the area where we used to live. They are using Google Groups so we can participate, even from here. There is a video series by N.T. Wright that we are watching along with it, which you can follow along with, too, if you like. We will be on week three next Thursday. This is the schedule of reading and videos from our priest, if you are interested.

Week 1:
- Bible: Read (or listen to) -- the book of Romans [Yes, the whole letter, from cover to cover. It takes less than an hour.]
- Read -- Paul for Everyone: Romans, Part One (For Everyone): Introduction
- Read -- Romans (N. T. Wright for Everyone Bible Study Guides): Getting the Most out of Romans

This are the videos by N.T. Wright for week 1:
[Most weeks we will only have one video. However, the background information is very important to consider in the letter.]

Introduction --
Context and Setting --

IMPORTANT TIME SAVING NOTE!!!: On Youtube you can listen at 1.25, 1.5 or 2 times normal speed. I almost always listen at a faster speed. This is available by clicking on the settings icon next to the CC options in the lower right side of the video window.

Week 2:
- Bible: Romans Ch 1 and 2
- Paul for Everyone: Romans Part 1 Chapters 1 and 2
- Video: (NT Wright On The Book Of Romans - 10 Part Series - Part 3 of 10)
- Romans Study Guide: Chapters 1 and 2 [I encourage you to work every question. At least read the questions. Bishop Wright includes teaching attached to each question. Our discussions will focus on the questions listed with each week.]
> Ch 1: Romans 1:1-17 and questions: 2, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11
> Ch 2: Romans 1:18-2:16 and questions: 1-13

Week 3:
- Bible: Romans 3-4
- Paul for Everyone Part 1 Chapters 3-4
-Video: (NT Wright On The Book Of Romans - 10 Part Series - Part 4 of 10)
- Romans Study Guide Chapters 3-5:
> Ch 3: Romans 2:17-3:8 questions: 1,2, 5, 7, 8, 10
> Ch 4: Romans 3:9-31 questions: 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 12, 13
> Ch 5: Romans 4:1-25 questions: 1-4, 7, 10

Week 4:
- Bible: Romans 5-6
- Paul for Everyone Part 1 Chapters 5-6
- Video: (NT Wright On The Book Of Romans - 10 Part Series - Part 5 of 10)
- Romans Study Guide: Chapters 6-7
> Ch 6: Romans 5 questions: 1, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11
> Ch 7: Romans 6 questions: 1, 5, 8, 10, 12

Week 5:
- Bible: Romans 7-8
- Paul for Everyone Part 1 Chapters 7-8
- Video: (NT Wright On The Book Of Romans - 10 Part Series - Part 6 of 10)
- Romans Study Guide: Chapters 8-10
> Ch 8: Romans 7 questions 1, 3-5, 7, 11, 12
> Ch 9: Romans 8:1-17 questions: 1, 3, 5-7, 13
> Ch 10: Romans 8:18-39 questions: 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 11

I believe we'll be doing the second half at a different time.




Also posting to Keep Calm and Craft On.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?