.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Yarn Along: Year End Tally and New Goals


Now that Christmas Day has come and gone, and I showed the work in progress to the recipient, I can show you my finished (not blocked - but I'm still counting it for 2014) Pear Scented Candle Shawl for my MIL. The plan is to block it tomorrow, and send it to her the following day - well within the 12 days of Christmas. I was hoping to finish Equinox before the end of the year, but I was too tired. There are about 45 rounds on the last sleeve, and the blocking to do. I'd like to get a picture of my friend wearing the cowl I made before I post the final photos for that, but here is my list of finished objects for the year:

That's just over two and a half items each month. Which isn't too shabby for a homeschooling mother of eight, I think. I did do more designing, even submitting some proposals to Interweave Knits (though they were rejected this time), and having a design accepted in a book coming out this spring. There are a few unfinished items that I wanted to get done earlier this year, and I still plan on working on them this new year. My goals for the coming year are similar to what they are each year:
I'm not sure if I should include learning to steek or do intarsia. Those are on my list, but I'm not sure I'm going to tackle them this year. How about you? What are your crafting goals?

In the reading department, The Very Nearly Honorable League of Pirates #1: Magic Marks the Spot was such a fun and clever read. I was checking it out to see if it would be appropriate for and interesting to our younger kids, and I really like it. We're getting the next book in the series from the library, too. I have about six days to finish Christ in His Saints, and I think I might make it. The goal was to have it completed before we started school up again. It's been such a good book, but hard to read all in a sitting or two, because each character sketch causes one to think and want to read more and savor a little. Though it has taken me a long time to read it, that is not an indictment of the book, it is to its credit, actually.

My book list for the year. I didn't realize until making this list that I didn't finish a single book in the month of April:




Also posting to Keep Calm and Craft On


Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?