.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Yarn Along: Birthday Presents


Travel usually helps me get more knitting done, as I have hours of sitting in one place. This time, it wasn't quite as much as I wished. There was a lot of knitting and unknitting and reknitting as I worked my way through swatches and design ideas. Also, since I was charting stitch patterns and working out designs, I couldn't really work on it while talking to other people. However, all of Mariam's planned birthday presents are finished. I thought of knitting a matching bib for her, but ran out of time. There hasn't been any progress on Equinox since last week, but I have a photo of it with the entire body finished for you to see. Here is the Bitty Baby Bib, I believe I've already shared the soaker here.


Aside from the design proposals I can't show you, there are also a few surprise projects coming up in the next couple months and I can't show you those, either, because the recipients read the blog occasionally. There are going to be lots of things I can't share until after they have been received or accepted. I made up for this by adding as many pictures to Ravelry as I possibly could, even if it was just to show the yarn being used. Cirrus has been frogged and renamed and I've reworked the pattern and am starting again. I'd love it if even one of my designs was accepted for the magazine, but I am not so secretly hoping that there will be two - a garment and an accessory.

I finally finished The Real Jane Austen: A Life in Small Things, and I really enjoyed it. I read a quick, happy, little murder mystery, The Quick and the Thread: An Embroidery Mystery, while we were on our trip during times that I couldn't concentrate on my knitting. Though I am still slowly absorbing Christ in His Saints, I have also started A Prayer Journal. I'll continue to learn from both East and West, I suppose.


Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments:
Love, love the pattern- I would be so happy to find this in my size!
 
If you mean the Equinox top, I have it on good authority that it will be available in September, and it was written in eight sizes, so chances are you can find it in your size!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?