.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Yarn Along: Three Finished Objects and One Finished Book!



I feel like I need to apologize for this post. I had written a much better one, saved it, saw that it was saved, opened it up again to finish writing, then saw Blogger make it disappear and revert to my original, scant outline. Since Google owns Blogger, we know that they still saved a copy, that their advertisers probably have access to it, and the government certainly does, but the person who actually owns the content and thoughts does not.

This is an exciting week for me. I finished three objects, and one book! It's also an exciting week for us as a family, because our oldest boys will be confirmed together on Pentecost. What a perfect time to receive the empowering of the Holy Spirit!


The April burp cloth is finished, and I'll get the free pattern published as soon as I hear whether or not the set has been accepted for the book.


Rich's tacky, business tie bookmark is ready before Father's Day. That's the book Rich has been reading lately.

I kind of wish the pattern had been easier to follow for a beginner. There were errors that I can't tell if they were st count errors, or the st count was correct and the directions were errors. The instructions on finishing were also pretty unclear to me.


Not only that, but Dominic's birthday present was ready more than two weeks early! This Wise Old Owl is a cover for Dominic's kindle.

I'm about a third of the way through my own little jacket. Once I've finished it, I will post a free pattern in my size, then do the calculations for other sizes for a full pattern to sell. When that is complete, I'll still need test knitters, so if anyone wants a free copy of the pattern in exchange for test knitting for me, contact me via comments, or through the sidebar link to e-mail me if you are interested.

I finished Knitting Yarns: Writers on Knitting and only skipped two essays. Although I enjoyed Kingsolver's The Bean Trees some years ago, I just could not trudge through her rambling prose in this essay. Likewise, the fellow who knit his dog a sweater was a little to self-aware, and I didn't feel like entertaining him. However, the majority, even those written by people very different than me, and with whom I'd have many disagreements, were wonderful. I especially liked the poem. The essay about the mother and daughter who tried to finish UFOs over a weekend was a delight.

I'm still reading Christ in His Saints, slowly. It is something I try to take in smaller bites and really try to understand. The sections are so short, it is easy to be deceived that the book should be a quick read.

Where I'll go from here with reading is not sure. I have a book on marriage, One Flesh: Salvation through Marriage in the Orthodox Church, a book on raising godly children, Following a Sacred Path, Raising Godly Children, and a nice P.D. James novel, Death Comes to Pemberley.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
Death Comes to Pemberley is a great book! I love Jane Austen and it is a great 'extension' of her work.
 
I'm glad to hear that! I love Jane Austen, and I love P.D. James, ans I love cozy mysteries, so this seemed like it would be perfect.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?