.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Yarn Along: Shoulder Shrugs and Final Book Submission


While I have been busily at work making shoulder sweaters for our girls and finishing my last design submission for the book (it's finished!), Nejat has been working on her top two teeth. She cut her first two teeth on the eve of Valentine's Day, and cut her top two yesterday morning. It's been a rough time for her.

I am excited, though, because this final submission is my third for the book. When they are published, I will offer a free pattern to go with this set as well. Also, someone did have the discontinued yarn I needed, so I will be able to finish Nejat's cache-coeur in time for her birthday and get back to working on my ring around the rosy scarf.

Here are the girls in all their splendor. I did the best I could to hide the hair cutting, with hairspray and strategic combing. Poor Yasmina did the worst, though, and her hair had to be cropped pretty short to even it at all. There were tears, and I'm mourning her beautiful hair myself. I think she has learned her lesson, though.








All the girls together. A friend of mine made Amira's spencer in exchange for me knitting a jacket for her son.


Here are all the boys.


The whole family, while Yasmina was still refusing to raise her head.

Rich and I watched, several times, the movie Austenland and found it so riotously hilarious that I wanted to get the book. So, I've begun reading Austenland: A Novel. It is such a fun, campy, book. The movie seems to capture the spirit of it well, but the book, as always, is far better. Any Janeites out there who haven't read it or seen the film really should. There is a sequel, Midnight in Austenland: A Novel, which I also have on the shelf to read when I'm finished with this one.

I'm still working my way through Christ in His Saints, as my spiritual reading and still finding much to digest and apply to my life in it. If you haven't gotten this from your library or bookstore, you need to do it. You will find yourself returning to it often.


Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
Beautiful family. The shrugs looked delightful with pretty dresses.
 
Thank you so much for stopping by and for your compliments!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?