.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, September 07, 2007

Finished Object Friday: In the Nick of Time



I finished this baby sweater with an hour to spare to get it and the baby hat to the post office for a baby shower this weekend down in California. Their baby is due the same day Alexander was nine years ago, which is also the anniversary of Rich and my first date, so it was kind of nice for me to see that date on the invitation to the shower.

I used Cascade Cotton Rich, and made up the pattern as I went. While I normally like Cascade yarns, and I even like that this is inexpensive, knits up quickly at 4.5 sts per inch, is machine washable and dryable, I don't know that I will buy it again. Every single skein had a knot in it, one had two, which normally isn't a huge deal, except that this yarn only has 80 yds per skein. You end up losing about a third of a yard per knot, and have to weave in more ends. That wasn't the really big issue though. One skein was so over twisted that it didn't take the dye evenly, was curled up and hard, and completely unusable. Cascade has still not responded to my request that they replace it. I didn't want to take it to the shop, since it wasn't their fault, but I may have to have them deal with it. In any case, the sweater is made, it is soft and squishy, a neutral color so it doesn't matter if the baby is a boy or a girl, and this baby will have some love from me.

If you have one or more finished items this week, please sign Mr. Linky below and share all you have made. Your Finished Object(s) can be knit, crocheted, sewn, quilted, tatted, beaded, papercraft, woodwork or any other kind of craft. Show off what you have made! Please make sure you link to the exact post that shows your finished item(s) rather than just to your blog.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
love your sweater,its adorable
 
You made up that pattern as you went? I'm so impressed! It's super cute. Maybe one day I'll be able to make up patterns. Most of the time I'm happy if I can just follow what is already written for me!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?