.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Sneak Preview

I want to be able to post something to my own blog carnival this Friday, so I'll save the full picture until then. That doesn't mean I can wait to post about a finished object, though. I finished my sample for the shop yesterday.

Why did it take me over two weeks to make a baby hat? Partly because I was trying to work out a kind of faux fur st trim on the brim, which took forever, was a huge pain in the rear, ended up frogged in favor of seed st. Not to mention how many times it took me to make a stinking pom pom. I'd never made one before, and had to make two and sew them on and remove them about five times before it was right.

Mostly, though, it was just a lack of knitting time. We have been busy working on an insurance claim, getting ready for the end of the school year, planning for the Tongues of Flame barbecue, and then there's all that household running and child rearing and cooking that happens here. I am looking forward to summer. Not so many drives that interrupt our daily schedule, and no school meetings or evening events or field trips that we don't plan ourselves.

So, the hat. This is a project for the shop's Christmas in July event. The hat will be on display there mid-July, and the pattern will be available for sale then, too.

I won't post a picture of the whole hat, but here's that lovely pom pom.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?