Sunday, October 04, 2026
Menu Plan: October 4 - 10

This week is our chance to catch up on some things we still haven't taken care of, and need to be done. Meanwhile, I'm still trying to figure out how to make enough for only five people, with enough leftover for lunches, but not so much that we have to have two leftover nights. Poor Mariam was ill last week, which also reduced how much we finished last week.
There is only one day this week that is taken up with our family crisis (as if there are any days we don't think about or deal with it), so I am hoping to get some rest and a little peace this week. It is, unfortunately, on Alexander's birthday, and that makes it a little harder. It's a sad birthday this year.
I know that I am woefully behind on sharing recipes here. I won't make any promises, but I will get to them as I am able. Thank you to all of you who still read here and pray for our family.
Our dinner tonight is being provided by our parish, yet again, as will be the case for the next two months, at least. Thank God for them.
- Sunday
Breakfast: Leftover Scramble, Toast, Cherry Tomatoes, Fruit Plate, Tea and Coffee
Dinner: Carnitas Street Tacos, Tortilla Chips and Salsa, Sides/Salads/Fruit/Dessert brought by Parish - Monday
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs with Cheese, Toast, Canned Peaches, Milk, Tea, and Coffee
Dinner: Leftovers, Fruit Plate - Tuesday
Breakfast: Raisin Cinnamon Bread with Cream Cheese, Sliced Apples, Milk and Coffee
Dinner: Arabic Beef and Vegetable Soup with Lemon Juice and Garlic Paste, Croatian Salty Bread Rolls, Zlevanka - Wednesday
Breakfast: Apple Coconut Bowls with Cashew Butter Drizzle, Tea with Honey
Dinner: Zaalouk, 'Aish Baladi, Arugula with Red Onion and Sumac*, Fruit Plate - Thursday
Breakfast: Vanilla Yogurt with Granola, Milk, Tea, and Coffee
Dinner: Leftovers and Fruit - Friday
Breakfast: Peanut Butter Toast with Honey, Fruit, Tea with Honey
Dinner: Vegetables Jalfrezi with our Garden Vegetables and Chick Peas, Jasmine Rice, Fruit Plate - Saturday
Breakfast: 'Aish Baladi ou Joubneh, Sliced Cucumbers, Brined Olives, Fruit, Milk, Tea and Coffee
Dinner: Roast Beef with Horseradish and au Jus, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Caesar Salad, Rolls, Dessert Bar
Labels: Birthday, Church Year, Faith and Morality, Family, Homemaking, Menu Plans, Prayer Requests, Tales from the Kitchen


