.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, August 23, 2026

Menu Plan: End of Summer

What a week! Fair is over, and we can feel the winds of change, right on schedule, bringing winter to us. That is sad every time. I wish we had a real autumn here. Every year it has been harder and harder to get volunteers for our community club's booth, and this year was the worst, by far. It was basically us and one other family doing most of the work, with several other people who came to help, but times when we needed four or five people there, and only had two. It was pretty brutal. We aren't quite finished, as there is still clean up, but we are looking forward to a non-fair week.

We have two family birthdays this week, though only one in the house. We still haven't decided on the dessert, so when we have that set, I will update the menu.

Our little garden is still blessing us. Considering that we thought we wouldn't have a garden this year, with all the turmoil, I am so grateful for how well it is treating us. A lot of our meals are featuring produce from our garden. We do have a bunch of repeat meals this week, simply because of how fair schedules went.

We are heading into September, and we are still trying to eat down our freezers. I will do another Shelftember challenge. Our hope is that we can make room in the freezers for a mutton and a steer. We also want to butcher quite a few of our ducks, turkeys, and geese, which will set us up for the year with fresh, healthful meat for our family and church family.

Yet again, I have cause to thank God for our parish family. They have been so supportive and kind, and are helping with the meal this week. Some of the food we are bringing was from another church meal and was in our freezers, so we can just heat it and serve it tonight. This also clears room in our freezer, so I am grateful for that, too.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?