Wednesday, August 05, 2026
Craft On: Carry On

The coffee cozy has been put in a brief time out. I don't have the bandwidth to focus on the stitch pattern somehow. I think I will pull it out again for my sit and stitch. However, I've picked up Keese again, and though I didn't follow my own instructions and had to correct an error, it is pretty close to finished now. The goal is to have it written for two bag sizes and use the reverse colors on the larger size.
I really thought I would be finished with the Autobiography of Calvin Coolidge by now, but instead I read Recognizing the Stranger, and finished that. Except for where she kind of has to insert her other political views (which are not surprising to me, but means that a lot of the people who really could use her perspective will have an easy way to dismiss her argument), I really thought the lecture was quite good and framed this argument in a way I had not heard/read before.

Linking to Unraveled Wednesday
If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.
Labels: Around the World Stitch Along, Books, Design, Homemaking, Knitting, WIP, Yarn Along


