.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, October 20, 2024

Menu Plan: October 20 - 26

We celebrated Amelia's birthday this weekend! She is growing so much and we love her more each day.

I keep thinking we will be finished with the preserving, but there always seems to be a little more. We still have tomatoes to finish and a little more apple pie filling to make. The apple scrap vinegar is a great side product from all the peels and trimmings. And we'll probably smoke some more tomatoes and make more tomato powder.

Our week was challenging and some menu items were moved around so we have repeats this week. We also were given a bounty of eggplant, and used some on Friday, and will be using more this week. If we still have some, I will turn it into caponata for the freezer and pull it out when we need a quick Lenten meal.

Also, I know I was supposed to share a recipe this weekend, but we didn't get it made, so I didn't have a photo, and I thought I'd wait until I had a picture of it for you to share. We are trying again this week, and I should be able to make it because we don't have the weird appointments and schedule shifts that we did last week.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?