.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, September 15, 2024

Menu Plan: September 15 - 21

How was your week? We are so busy running everyone right now, but it is for good things. I'm just hoping we settle into the schedule better soon.

It is definitely deep fall here. I'm hoping we can get at least a couple weeks more before winter shows up again. This is our last week of not full school work, so I am really trying to get some more canning and preserving finished. Besides that, it is just normal life, a little school work, and trying to rest a bit.

Starting this week, though, we have three days of the week that require quick and easy meals both morning and evening. This is putting a crimp in my style for cooking, but we are figuring it out as we go. This means that we have repeats this week, though.

We are putting one of our free turkeys from Thanksgiving to work for us this week. It also means that we are freeing up some room in the freezer, which means that we are closer to butchering our numerous Muscovys. Our poor neighbors keep having them in their field, and they haven't said anything about it, but I am sure it is annoying. We already planned on putting many in the freezer, and it is finally cool enough to take a day to do it, and we don't want to trouble our neighbors any more. Also, I think we are going to sell some more of them. They are prolific layers, and fantastic for fly control, as well as being wonderful meat birds. (If you live near us, and want them, let me know so we can hook you up)!

This is our last truly busy week, too, before we settle down for the fall and winter. You know that is not really true, but it is what I am telling myself to comfort myself before life finds a way to make us super busy again.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?