.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, August 04, 2024

Menu Plan: August 4 - 10 Dormition Fast

Usually, I dedicate my prayers during the Dormition fast to the end of abortion. I am still doing that, but I am also praying for some personal intentions for the women we know who are pregnant and their husbands and children. We know two families who are or just did deal with some challenges during pregnancy, and we are praying for all of their health and safety. I invite you to join us in all these prayers.

We have a couple repeats this week. Between fewer people at home and some of us not feeling well, we just haven't been eating as much, so we shifted gears to leftovers a few times. One of the handy parts of a fasting season is that the food we make is generally appropriate for any day of the week.

Right now, we are getting ready for fair week, we are trying to weather the weird growing season/bizarre summer we are having, and hoping we get produce before the freezes come. I'm making a mushroom dish for the family on the Transfiguration because I love them. They were marked down at the Grocery Outlet, and because they like them, I bought a lot. So, they have been having sautéed mushrooms with their lunches and I will make these for them for a Spanish themed Transfiguration feast.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?