.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, April 03, 2024

Craft On: Sock and Goals

Alleluia! Christ is Risen! Holy Week and Bright Week have taken a lot of my time and energy, so there isn't as much progress to share, though there is some. I am finished with the first sock of Dahha, and the pattern is written and edited now. Three out of five patterns in the H'ammaam spa set are written, and I am close to finishing Amelia's baptismal gown (and she is close to getting baptized!).

The heel and toe on this sock design are one of three of my favorite ways to work a heel, and I'm really pleased with the fit and look on it. There will be a special offer on both this pattern and Nafhat when I publish Dahha, so keep your eyes open for that (if you subscribe to my newsletter - see the end of this post to do that - you will get the earliest notice of the discount).

One thing I keep forgetting about making gowns for babies and toddlers is how large they are in the skirt. It is basically the size of an adult sweater that would fit me! The bodice is toddler sized, but the skirt could be a sweater for a grown woman.

The facecloth and drawstring bag really would have been better had I made it a little larger, so I am probably making another pretty soon. Right now, I am finishing a bath mitt, and will make a washcloth, and a soap sack, as well.

Because of all the church services and cooking of this past week and a half, not much reading has been done in Milk: The Surprising Story of Milk Through the Ages (or anything else, really). The kids and I finished Mansfield Park last month, and I finished my Romans Study, so those are three more finished books this year.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?