.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Craft On: Second Sock Started

Six patterns are written, five from a spa set collection, and I am working on a seventh! My goal is always to be three pattern releases ahead in my pattern writing and that went out the window in the last few years, so I am excited to be getting back on track with that.

I actually started the second sock of this pair, and since the pattern is already written and edited, I am hoping to have it finished in time to publish at the end of next week. I had a couple beta knitters, and I am looking forward to their pictures, too.

Now I have two out of five of the spa set designs knit, though I will be re-knitting one of them. I will be casting on the basic washcloth of the set today, and probably finishing it tomorrow. My goal is to have them all completed in time for an early May release. I will have beta opportunities for any/all of these pieces soon, and hope you will want to knit them.

P.S. If you do not already subscribe to my newsletter, check out the link below. I will have a new release soon, and have some fun suprises in store. This Friday, I am planning another FO post, too, so I can share some of the finished items I've made lately.

Still a bit exhausted, and trying to get back to normal work and school schedules here, but I did pick up Milk: The Surprising Story of Milk Through the Ages and read a little. The kids and I started Northanger Abbey this week, which we are finding delightful. It was one of only two books by Jane Austen I had never read in their entirety, and now that we've read Mansfield Park, this is the last one. Like Mansfield Park, I know enough of the story to know basically how it goes, the characters and themes, and, of course, how it ends, but I have never actually read it from start to finish, so this is enjoyable for me, as well. Having something humorous to read is really helpful right now when we are all a little out of sorts and tired.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?