.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Craft On: Weddings and More

More progress on both the baptismal gown and Dahha have been made. Neither is finished, alas. We had so much to do for Dominic's wedding, and besides the lack of time and opportunity, even when we had time afterward, I was so exhausted, or occupied with other things, that not a ton of knitting was done while we were away. This is alright. We helped them marry and they had a beautiful, reverent, glorious wedding.

Amira was best woman to Dominic and Shawn's brother Taylor was her bridesman. I love Orthodox weddings. This one was even more beautiful. Their choir sang so wonderfully and the church itself was heavenly. Their priest is fantastic, and I am so glad he is their spiritual father, and that this is where they will grow in their faith as a couple. There is no shying away from the fact that marriage is holy, that it is indissoluble, and that it is martyrdom and obedience. The liturgy states multiple times the prayer that their marriage bed would be undefiled, and that marriage is a crowning both as priests and as martyrs. Their priest didn't apologize for this. The only explanation he gave was that we know, as Christians, that there is an obedience that isn't slavery, as we all look forward to the heavenly kingdom, in which we will all be obedient to God, who is no slave master. We don't have pictures from the photographers yet, so I will share this of the bridal party.

I finished The Mysterious Affair at Styles, and am waiting on the second Poirot book from the library. I brought Milk: The Surprising Story of Milk Through the Ages with us on the trip, but only poked my head into it once. The kids and I are working on Mansfield Park, as you can see up there, and are more than half way through it now. It is one of two of her novels I'd never read all the way through in school or on my own, so this is fun for me, to read it a first time with them.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?