.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, February 07, 2024

Craft On: Progress and a New Start

This headband was supposed to fit an adult. Technically, it does. I can squeeze it onto my head, but I don't think it fits well. Also, while I hate to speak ill of another designer's work, I am not happy with the clarity of the pattern writing. It did give me some ideas for shaping for future designs of my own, though. I think this one will go to Amelia, if she will wear it. This makes me sad, because I actually love wide headbands for keeping warm better than I like most hats. I now have plans for a headband of my own design, which will use some of the shaping ideas and such from the way this was constructed, but working it in the round, and using different design elements.

The baptismal gown is going on apace, and I hope to have it finished soon. Actually, I am really hoping to have it finished before Dominic and Shawn's wedding. As you can see above, I also cast on for Dahha, and am working to try to have the pattern ready for beta knitting at the end of the month.

I am not actually finished with The Mysterious Affair at Styles, which is a surprise, but I will probably finish tonight. There will definitely be more of the Poirot books in my future. Probably part of why I am not finished is because I have been reading a bit, here and there, in Milk: The Surprising Story of Milk Through the Ages lately.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?