.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Craft On: Crunch Time

I did finish the back and start the front, but it's not finished. It was a lot to ask, but was stymied further by my fighting a cold when we got back from our trip and having to catch up at home for both the trip and the cold. This is starting to make me nervous. It needs to be finished in about a week. I am getting close on the front, and hope to have it ready by the end of this week, then I can work on the sleeves. Trying to do both at the same time, with three colors of yarn seems like it would be an excessive jumble, so they will likely be completed one by one. A smart person would have already blocked the back and been ready to block the front as soon as it comes off the needles. It doesn't appear that I am that smart, though.

Besides making more progress on Milk: The Surprising Story of Milk Through the Ages, I also read Knitty Gritty Murder. I've also been reading a cookbook about Thai cuisine, Hot Thai Kitchen, which is full of interesting information and a wonderful approach to authenticity. She defines it as using the ingredients and techniques Thai people would. This is accurate, but sometimes hard to convey, about any culture's cuisine. Technically, I'm also working through Saint Paul's letter to the Romans and an N.T. Wright study that is corollary to it, but that is weekly, so also a good slow pace for me.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?