.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, August 09, 2023

Craft On: Ha'il and a Baptismal Gown

I'm finally back to where I should be on Ha'il, and I think I have solved all the issues I had going with it. The pattern chart and calculations are nearly complete, and I have the beginnings of the pattern writing done. It needs to be knit and written and edited all by the middle of October. Not that I am stressed out about that at all.

This week is busy, in preparation for an even busier week next week. Fair begins next week and Rich is in charge of scheduling and ordering for our neighborhood ice cream booth, the kids and I are entering things into the fair for exhibition, and we all work in the ice cream booth all week. Rich always ends up taking some time off of work to deal with the booth, and this year I think he made it official, and told his work that he might have to take some vacation days to do work at the fair if it's necessary. I hope to have some pictures from fair entries for you, too.

The baptismal gown is just about ready to be brought in for the "waist" and become an actual baby size. It's actually one repeat past this picture. I was trying to figure out why it was taking me so long to make progress on an infant's garment, when I realized I was actually making an adult sized garment. In fact, it was larger around than sweaters I make for myself. It will still take time after decreasing all those stitches, but will at least be baby sized.

A Fatal Yarn is finished, and I am making a little more progress on Milk: The Surprising Story of Milk Through the Ages, which is super interesting. If you are interested in nutrition, small scale farming, homesteading, the western agricultural model, any of that, I think you might enjoy the book.

The Around the World Stitch Along is going strong and there is a ton of chatter on our Ravelry group. There is still time to join there, or to follow and post on Instagram. The event goes through August 25, 2023, and there are loads of projects (more than 1900!) you could make that are eligible for prizes if you finish.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?