.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Craft On: Fair Knitting

This was supposed to be shared last week, but fair week was even busier than normal here. So, here are my prize winning knits. I kind of wish they had displayed the sweater so it could be seen a little more clearly, but I'm still happy with winning all blue ribbons.

Today, I got to go with Rich out of town while he had some work meetings. I knit in the lobby while he did work stuff, and made some progress on the baptismal gown, and a little bit of work done on Ha'il.

We were able to go to an Argentine tango class after it all, and learn (and re-learn) some things we haven't done for 25 years. It was a ton of fun. One of the neat things about this dance lesson is that it takes place in a public market with stores and restaurants and such all around, and they have a little, free library. We found a couple books that we will read there, too.

Very little reading done this past week, as I've just been too tired. However, I got a tiny bit further into Milk: The Surprising Story of Milk Through the Ages, finished Paul for Everyone: Romans, Part 1 in my weekly Bible study, and also started another happy, little murder: Knit of the Living Dead. This seems particularly appropriate as, right on schedule, fall has begun as of Monday.

The Around the World Stitch Along is nearly over, and it has been super fun. I'm so glad to participate in this event, which is large, but still smaller than some of the really big name ones out there. It feels comfortable and small enough to know the people who play along in it. We will be awarding prizes next week or so and that is a lot of fun, too.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?