.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Craft On: Onward

>

Ha'il is back in my active projects again. It seems like I will actually get this collection of patterns made in time! This has been such a big project for me, with (for me) a tight deadline, and it has been an exercise in fear and worry and joy and excitement all at once. Two samples are completely finished, one is nearly there, one is half made, and this is beginning. When I complete this collection, I have a few designs that have been waiting in the background that I will get to, but it will feel so good to have all five of these ready to go and out in the world.

There are some non-work projects I'd like to make, but except for Amelia's baptismal gown, it just hasn't been feasible even to start them. It has been a big discipline not to even cast on anything new right now. I did break that to make my lovely cowl, but I only have three and a half months to finish this collection, so I am being as single minded as I am able.

It looks like I can finally pick up Milk: The Surprising Story of Milk Through the Ages and get some reading done in it now. I'm nearly finished with The Language of Baklava and I am enjoying it so much more than her other memoir. This tells a story. And even the parts that I don't like, or disagree with, are still part of that story, and I feel like I am a part of it when I read it. I would strongly recommend this book. It has been so good to be reading much more again. I have missed it. Even with the books I haven't loved, it has felt good to be thinking in this way more.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?