.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, May 14, 2023

Menu Plan: May 14 - 20

Christ is Risen! The Lord is Risen Indeed! Alleluia!

Christ has Ascended! From Earth to Heaven! Alleluia!

It is the slow down of the Paschal season this week. We have Rogation Days, Ascension Day is Thursday. The novena to the Holy Spirit begins on Friday, and we will wait and pray with the Apostles and disciples, for His coming on Pentecost. On top of that, there is Mother's Day today and Nejat's birthday this week. It's a full week. Tehnically there is some small abstinence this week, for the Rogation Days, and we begin the return to the normal abstinent schedule Friday.

The folks at church are generously making the meal tonight, which is a huge blessing to me. Since I won't have to cook, I think I will bring the poundcake that I didn't make last night to share with everyone there. It looks like we will have our Ascension Day picnic, though it is a challenge to find a high spot to have it and fly our kites.

We will get our first local asparagus next week, which will be fantastic. I'm looking forward to all sorts of asparagus dishes, and replenishing our asparagus pickles. We are still eating winter citrus and storage apples, but were able to get some good deals on berries and have our home canned fruit, so we can still have a little variety.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?