.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Craft On: New Pattern and the Incense Route

Yathrib is so close to being finished and ready to go to my tech editor. I'm really excited. This design has only half a seam to sew on each sleeve, and if someone wanted to wrangle a provisional cast on, that someone wouldn't even need to do that. The entirety of the jacket is knit in one piece, with stitches picked up and knit where necessary and (nearly, or possibly) no seaming. It is fairly straight forward, with the interesting reversible cabled cuffs and edging, and fantastic construction that allows you to bind off the bottom ribbed edge, but not cut the yarn and go straight into making the edging around the bands and neck. I love that. Likewise, I have a good chance of finishing Nabati (the colorwork mitts) by the end of this month, and that could mean that it will be ready for beta knitting next month. In fact, if I can have both ready for that, I will start Beta for Nabati and Yathrib after Bright Week. I'm trying not to even think about other projects besides these and the baptismal gown (which is still not completed). The two wubbies had to take some attention for a little while, but now I need to knuckle down and complete a few things.

Did you miss out on the sale? I have a special coupon for my blog readers, LastChance, which is valid through the end of the day PST March 29, 2023 on both PayHip and Ravelry for 20% off Rih.

Every now and then I am peeking into The Diary of a Country Priest for myself and The Five Little Peppers and How They Grew with the kids. I finished another happy, little murder, Death al Dente, which I enjoyed. It was not as easy to solve as some are, and the characters had a little more development than fast fiction normally affords. I've finished 13 books so far this year, and I am hoping to have at least one more by the end of this month.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?