.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, March 08, 2023

Craft On: The Incense Route Goes On

Yathrib is just about at the point in which I will have miles and miles of a cabled edging to work. The good news is that in the next month, we have a road trip that will allow me some pretty good knitting time for that. In the meantime, I have started up a pair of colorwork mitts for Malabrigo March and, incidentally, for the Incense Route Collection that is coming out in November. These colors are so pretty, and I really hope show my design as I want it to look. The inspiration for the design is some traditional pottery from the region, and I think it will end up pretty and interesting to make.

There was just too much going on in my life and with our family during the qualifying round of Sock Madness, so while I already learned a pretty cool technique that I think I will use on mitts or mittens one day, the sock had to go into the UFO pile, to be worked on another day.

This surprise gift is a surprise no more. I gave it to Amelia on Monday, when she and Autumn were over here, because Autumn was really under the weather, and needed help looking after Amelia. She needed some looking after herself, too. Poor Amelia was also not doing too hot, but all the antibodies in the milk must have been helping, because she was mostly fussy and stuffed up, but not too terribly sick.

Oh, I have finally gotten the photography done and edited for the second to last pattern in my Tradewinds Color Collection, and it should be published this week (tomorrow is the goal). If you are not already subscribing to my newsletter, may I suggest you look at the link at the bottom of this post and do it, you might find a neat surprise in your inbox tomorrow or Friday. Likewise, keep an eye on any of my sales platforms that you follow, for the latest pattern. This will be the last chance to get the whole collection at a discount, or you can just pick up the hood pattern by itself.

The kids and I finished both Cheaper by the Dozen and Belles on their Toes. I finished loads of light reading. Everything else was either too heavy for my sleeplessness lately or was not to my liking. So, I drifted into some happy, little, murders, and just allowed myself to escape with some brain candy. It was actually hard finding some light fiction in which the main character is not divorced and on the make. I am not interested in that. We've started The Five Little Peppers and How They Grew, because it was mentioned in _Cheaper by the Dozen_ and the kids wanted to hear it.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
What a sweet little bear for a sweet little gal. I hope she feels better soon. My Grandmother read The Five Little Peppers to Me. It's an old fashioned story and I haven't thought of it for years.
 
Thank you so much! We are really enjoying the story.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?