.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, September 18, 2022

Menu Plan: September 18 - 24

What a wonderful week we have had! I was able to talk to my remaining maternal aunt, two of my cousins, and my father. They got to talk to our kids, and Rich was able to talk to my father. My family is funny and smart and our real sorrow is that because of distance between us, our kids have not grown up spending a lot of time with them. However, two of my cousins and I are talking about having a meeting somewhere. Rich and I are talking about making our next savings goal to put away enough money to get the family to Croatia, so we can rent a house and have my family come join us there, where we can spend some time somewhere beautiful, and eat wonderful food. It's still a dream, but one we can work toward even now.

My kids didn't get to experience the laughter and sense of fun my family has the way I did, and I really treasure every time they get to meet with them, in person or over the phone/internet. I am so grateful for how video chat has made these visits possible.

Aside from the visiting with family, we had another highlight and a couple lowlights of the week: Bananas are going better than we thought they would, especially because Jerome had a weird flare up this weekend that we thought might have had something to do with his latex bands in his braces, and latex and banana allergies/sensitivities are often related. So far, so good, though. The service people from A & E cancelled on us a second time. Which means that it has been more than two months since we called on this and they still haven't fixed the machine, which is actually against our warranty contract, which we are taking up with Lowe's. We are also dealing with some external distress from someone who is trying to cause trouble for me and for us. Please pray for this person, that her plans are thwarted and that she finds peace. Honestly, we're not all that worried about her plans, because they are based on rank falsehood and it is so obvious, it would be laughable, but she is unsettled and that makes me sad.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?