.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, September 22, 2022

Craft On: Sleeves

Aside from the baptismal gown, I am also working on Yathrib more. I have sleeves emerging. My goal is to have at least one sleeve completed by the end of this month, if not both. Then, I can work on the body and edging in October. Then write the pattern at the end of October and beginning of November. I have the notes and spreadsheets for the sizes and stitch counts and general instructions, but people seem to want more than numbers and a chart.

Rich was away with two of the boys from Monday through Wednesday, and so besides taking the opportunity to make and eat foods that Rich doesn't care for, we could also make meals that Jerome couldn't eat. I also exercised my favorite pasttime of scaring myself with murder mystery shows and books. I found a series on streaming television that looked interesting, and I was enjoying most of it, then found that it was based on a series of books. So, I looked up the books. The first one was clever enough, and though there were some parts that I didn't like - the way he wrote about women and sex was definitely not how a woman would think or write about them, so I kind of rolled my eyes at that, seeing as how the main characters are women, but some of the brutality and graphic perverse sexuality he felt necessary to include really turned me off and made me wonder what kind of a man he was - I did like his surprise ending, especially as the way the story was going, it seemed pretty easy to figure out and this took a turn that was not quite what the reader might think. However, the second one was even more gross in the deviant sexuality, and for no good reason (seriously, he shows the murderer acting out, by himself, over something particularly repugnant and disgusting and then it is never part of the story again, nor is it relevant to the murders or the story), and then utilizes the same type of surprise ending as he did in the first. The first time is clever, the second time, he's using a template. So, I do not think I am going to read any of the next 20 books in the series, because I am wondering what kind of sicko the author is and I don't need to read something formulaic that is also wicked. I'm not going to link to these books, but the first one was 1st to Die and the second one was 2nd Chance. Also, I am wondering just how many serial killers San Francisco is home to, that in a year, this team of super capable women was solving two of them.

To cleanse my mind, I read more from The Diary of a Country Priest, and now Rich wants to read it, too. We own the book, but he gets even less time to sit with a book than I do, so he usually "reads" by listening, and I can't seem to find a copy in audio form.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?