.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 07, 2022

Craft On: New Beginnings

I finally got a really good start on the baptismal gown. It wasn't behaving as I liked, so I ripped it out and restarted it. I think there is an error in the pattern on the hem, but I cannot find any notes from other knitters or errata. The first eyelet in the repeat does not line up properly on subsequent rounds, and I think if the K3 were switched with the K4, it would, but I also don't want to undo six rounds. So, I am trying to decide if I should continue to the end of this section to rip it out and re-do it, or if I should rip now. Because we know that, in the end, I am going to rip it out and do it again.

I read the latest Crime with the Classics book, Death With Dostoevsky. Reed College, which became Bede College, is now Reed College again. I do not know what she was thinking. I did figure out who was behind the murder and why pretty early on, too.

Today, a quotation from The Diary of a Country Priest came up which reminded me that I have had that book on my shelf for years, and still haven't read it all. So, I picked it up, and I am really enjoying it. We need more priests like him. Also, I had been reading a bit in Once Upon a Wardrobe and did some more of that, with a few of the kids. We are just about finished with it. It is a really good story. Not a great work, but a good story, that is perfect for anyone who loves Narnia or C.S. Lewis. It was touching, though it took a few chapters to really get into the groove with it.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?