.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Craft On: Baby Steps

My progress this week has been in little steps. I'm more than half finished with the border on the baptismal gown, and I picked up the first sleeve on Yathrib. It doesn't look like a lot of change, but without these small advances nothing is made. We have been going through a rough time with a family member who is not well, either in mind or body, and for some reason it is much worse right now, so if you can keep us, but especially her in your prayers, it would be a mercy. If you have been watching the doings on my Instagram account, we are fairly certain that she is the person reporting it, which is the least of the trouble she is interested in causing. She needs prayer, and so do we.

I just finished the book Once Upon a Wardrobe, and I strongly recommend that everyone who loves truth, fantasy, imagination, life, children, and the Narnia series read it. If you have never read the books, know nothing about C.S. Lewis, if you are a non-Christian, no matter who you are, you will find something beautiful and true in this little book of fiction. It isn't great literature, it isn't a magnificent work, but it is a good story, that is full of truth and beauty in a world that is full of lies and ugliness. I will concede that the first couple chapters were a bit of a slog for me, but after that, it was just a journey through beauty.

Because of the hassle of the troubles we have been dealing with, The Diary of a Country Priest has been sadly neglected, but I am hoping to return to M. Le Père tonight or tomorrow.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?